At MOYO we want to support creatives, not restrict them and so offer fair image licensing terms to our users and customers. As entrepreneurs and creatives, we can all agree that there’s nothing worse when you see your work being used without your consent or in terms that you didn’t originally specify. As a business owner and creative, we know that you value integrity and so we ask all of our users to respectfully uphold the terms and conditions as listed below.
Nobody wants to wade through pages of complex legal jargon and worry unnecessarily about what you can and cannot do with stock photos. Time is precious and we wouldn’t want you to waste yours. After all, you’ve got important work to do. So, below in plain English you’ll find our image usage terms and conditions below.
Your purchase (whether as a member or if you have made a single image/bundle purchase) includes a non-exclusive, limited use Standard License. The following terms apply for all purchases as well as the free photos provided for our mailing list subscribers (identified as ‘users’):
- Use images for personal or business use for both online and in print.
- Edit the image in anyway that you wish – change colours, add filters, crop, overlay the image with text etc. Feel free to get creative.
- Use the images for your website, social media posts and you don’t need to credit when you do.
- Use the image to create digital products for your business, such as opt-in downloads for your audience like e-books, PDFs, worksheets etc. However, images must be flattened as part of the design (so they can not be extracted) and must not be the main component of the product/download. To clarify, whether free or offered as an End Product for sale, it is NOT OK to use the images/mockups/scene creators themselves (even if they’ve been edited) as the download.
- Use the images an unlimited amount of times for personal projects and your own business, so for example you are permitted to use images on your own website, blog posts and social media.
- In addition to this we do permit you to use the images for one client project only. For example, you can use images and mockups for our own website and business and you can also use the same image or mockup for one client project. However, if you would like to use the same images or mockups for more than one client, we would kindly ask that an additional license is purchased. To do this we recommend that you purchase the images/mockups on behalf of your client so that they have their own license to use the images/mockups.
- Use the images to create End Products for sale where lifetime sales of the End Product for sale do not exceed 500 units. However, strict limitations apply, most notably that products cannot be used to create similar derivative products that compete with the original product . For example, scene creators can not be edited and used to create a mockup to sell. Photographs cannot be edited and then re-sold or re-distributed as photographs. More details about this can be found in the Q&As section below.
- If you intend to use the images, mockups and scene creator for commercial reasons, for example to present or showcase a product you intend to sell, you are permitted to do so if the sales of the individual product are less than 500. If sales exceed this amount, please get in touch with us so that we can discuss Commercial License options.
Users/members may not:
- Claim the image as your own. MOYO Studio Ltd owns the original rights to the image and as a customer you are agreeing to simply use the images in the ways outlined in these terms.
- Use our scene creator products to create derivative digital products such as mockups or templates.
- Re-distribute, sell or lend the image to third parties in any way. Not even a little bit. A great deal of time and love goes into creating these images especially for our customers and so please do respect us as creators and the work that goes into creating the images.
- Transfer membership or login credentials to a third party, even if it’s a client, customer, or business partner. If you wish to do this, please get in touch with us directly at [email protected] so we can handle the request in a proper manner.
- Use the images to promote or sell other stock photography products, services or resources because no-one likes false advertising.
- Use the images to promote illegal activity, pornography or to spread negative messages. Just no. Let’s keep things above board and positive.
If you violate any of the terms listed above, we have the right to suspend your membership with immediate effect.
Image license FAQs
Can I still use my images/mockups I have downloaded after my membership expires?
Absolutely! With the membership, you are free to use the images as you wish even after your membership has expired. We had seen that some membership sites require that you remove the images if your account was no longer active, but that seemed a little mean to us. So we thought it was only fair that once you had paid for your images (via the membership) they are yours to use!
Do I have to credit when using images?
Nope. As a customer or member you don’t have to credit when you use one of our pictures (but if you wish to, that would nice and is sure to put a smile on our face).
Can I use images in a website design for a client?
Yes. If you are a designer and wish to incorporate the image in a clients website design, please note that you are permitted to use MOYO’s images as long as the design is for one end customer or project and the image has been modified as part of the design. For example, you may crop, resize, change colours or overlay the images with text but you are not permitted to pass the original image file as you had downloaded it onto your client.
You may use the image throughout the one project, so long as the deliverables do not allow for the original source file to be extracted.
Can I use the same image for multiple clients?
No. For example if you were creating a website design for a particular client, you could use MOYO’s images for that one client, but you wouldn’t be able to use the same images for another client. Not that you would of course, as we know you like to keep things fresh and original but we just wanted to make sure things are clear there. One way to combat this would be to either request that your client purchases the image, or you purchase the image on their behalf.
Can I use images to a create derivative products to sell or distribute?
Under the Standard License supplied with any purchase on this site you are permitted to create an End Product so long as the End Product does not exceed lifetime sales of 500 units. (That includes free products/giveaways, too).
There are some terms that apply, though. Please note that you are only allowed to use our images in End Products when the End Product does not compete with the original product in any way. For example, you can’t edit our pictures or and then re-sell or share them as images. You are also not permitted to use our scene creator or mockup products to create mockups or templates to re-sell. Adjusting the product even slightly with a colour or font change does not mean that you can pass off the designs or mockups as your own to sell or share.
Our images can be used in an End Product so long as the original image cannot be extracted. Remember, you must not redistribute the original files in any way. So, you can use our images as part of a design where the image has been edited (cropped, with text or graphic overlays etc) but the final design must be flattened.
You cannot use our images in website themes or design templates that you intend to sell. This would mean that our images would be redistributed and so if you would like to do that, you’ll need to get in touch to discuss Extended License options. You are permitted to use our images in a mockup demonstrating a website theme or template, but you must state that they are for display purposes only and are not included in the purchase. You are not permitted to include them with the product.
When will I need an Extended License?
If you’re thinking big and want to use MOYO’s images in a larger scale projects (such as apps, software or to integrate into products with a sales of over 500 units whether digital or physical) please feel free to get in touch to enquire about Extended License options.
Email: [email protected]